Forrestdale Veterinary Hospital Puppy Training Classes
- Give your pet a great start to life with a solid foundation in good behaviour.
- Located in Perth, our puppy training classes are vital to cementing good future behaviour. The classes allow correct graded socialisation with other pups. Like any training (think about training children or sporting people), ongoing reinforcement is vital, so don’t stop after the puppy classes end!
- Our classes focus on giving the correct start to a pet’s life – every dog and dog owner should experience the joy of having a well-trained puppy. We know that bad behaviour is one of the biggest issues for pets and their owners in our country
Perth Puppy Preschool – Class Overview
- Our classes are designed to give the following:
- Appropriate interaction with other pups – off lead and on lead.
- Pups learn to sit, puppy recall, drop and nose targeting and other actions – basic compliance behaviours that are important for good control.
- Learn more about correct handling as well as basic husbandry.
- Learn how to play with your pup – inappropriate play can make your puppy’s behaviour worse!
- Learn about puppy rearing issues and basic health care.
- If we note that a pet has any behaviour issues or if you have any concerns about your pup we will discuss them with you.
- We recommend Cecile or one of her team members from Puppy Associates for further training and assessment. Puppy Associates can be contacted on 0435 018 083.
- For more complex issues we refer to Animal Sense – Dr Nicole is a vet who has post graduate qualifications in animal behaviour. She can be contacted through Animal Sense.
- Call us on (08) 6396 7485 to learn more about the best puppy training school in Perth.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where are puppy training classes held?
Forrestdale Veterinary Hospital puppy classes are held in the waiting room at night.
How long does puppy preschool run?
Our puppy preschool course in Perth runs for 4 weeks, with one class a week.
How much does a puppy training course cost?
Please call Cecile on 0435 018 083, for course price
When are puppy training classes held?
Classes for puppy training are generally held in the evenings after Forrestdale Veterinary Hospital closes.
How old does my puppy need to be to enrol in puppy training?
Our puppy preschool in Perth is open to puppies aged 8-16 weeks.
My puppy is too old or advanced. Are there other puppy preschool classes in Perth?
Contact Cecile from Puppy Associates who can direct you to more advance puppy training in Perth. You can give her a call on 0435 018 083.
Do I need to prepare anything before arriving to class?
Before attending puppy preschool in Perth with your pup they must have had their first vaccination (we require a vaccination card to be sighted) and be well. Please do not feed them before coming to the class as the training is a positive-reward based training.
My puppy is not responding to puppy training, what do I do?
If you feel your pet is not responding to puppy training classes, one-on-one sessions for more individualised training may be more suitable. Get in touch with Cecile from Puppy Associates on 0435 018 083 to learn more.